Hippocampus Magazine is giving away more than $1,250 in cash and prizes in November 2020 in our annual writing contest for creative nonfiction, Remember in November
Full Remember in November Contest for Creative Nonfiction Writers Rules
- Enter between June 5 – Sept. 15, 2020
- Up to 4,000 words, previously unpublished (no theme)
- A$12* entry fee (supports prizes and future contributor fund)
- Entries must be submitted through Submittable in the 2020 Remember in November Contest for Creative Nonfiction category, and it must meet Hippocampus’ general submission guidelines.
- All stories are considered for regular publication as well during this process.
- Participants may enter the contest as many times as they wish. Also, participants can win more than one prize as we have a blind reading process.
- Hippocampus staff members and their current students are not eligible to enter.
- The Hippocampus reader panel and founding editor will select five to eight finalists from all submissions.
- We begin reviewing contest submissions after deadline.
- We will notify everyone of the status of their submission by the end of October.
- Our TBA guest judge will select the winner from these finalists
- Winner and all top finalist stories are published in the November 2020 issue.
- Winning and finalist stories will be published in the November 2020 issue of Hippocampus Magazine.
- All entries will automatically be considered for publication in other forthcoming issues; last year, we published several stories that made our contest short list!
- $1,000 grand prize (1) + optional free registration to HippoCamp 2021
- $250 runner-up (1)
- $75 reader’s choice winner
- Prizes are in USD. Winners must provide a mailing address or PayPal email address to receive their award. (A check or PayPal transfer are the only two methods of prize delivery.)
- Prizes will be awarded by Feb. 1, 2021.
- The HippoCamp 2021 registration is non-transferable; only the winner may receive the complimentary registration.
- The Reader’s Choice Award winners will be announced in the December 2020 issue.
Good luck to all!
*Note: If you are unable to make the submission fee, email us about an available waiver thanks to Friends of Hippocampus Submission Fund. [send to info (at) hippocampusmagazine [dot]com]