Boost awareness and reach creative nonfiction writers (and readers!) while supporting the independently run, volunteer-led Hippocampus Magazine in its commitment to offer contributor payments.
In addition to your brand messaging appearing prominently on website for one month, you’ll receive powerful added-value reach through our email newsletter and highly engaged social networks.
Added Value: Hippocampus Reach
Your sponsorship gives your brand visibility beyond our website. In addition to increasing traffic to your website/landing page from our magazine website, you’ll also receive amplified exposure through our email newsletter and our social channels. The impressions you’ll receive make this sponsorship one of incredible value. If you’re looking for a place to advertise an MFA program or promote a new book, this is a perfect opportunity.
Stats as of November 2021
- 10,839 – mailing list subscribers
- 37.9% average open rate, which is higher than the industry (publishing) standard performance of 26.8%
- 81,304 – unique visitors to HippocampusMagazine.com in last the last 12 months
- 247,349 page views in the last 12 months
- 20,612 – average page views per month on HippocampusMagazine.com in last 12 months
- 2.71 – average page visits per session
- 11,700+ Twitter followers
- 734,400+ – Twitter impressions this year
- Average of 66,727 impressions per month
- 4,073 – Facebook page likes
- Estimated reach in 2021 is 17,265 unique users
- 2,058 – Instagram followers
- Estimated reach in 2021 is 2,138 unique users
Exclusivity: Focused on YOU
To give our sponsors the best value possible, we’re limiting each issue to just one sponsor. Your ad will be the ONLY ad visitors to our website will see during the month you’ve claimed, and your sponsor message will be the only one that appears in our newsletter that month. There will be no brand dilution within our page, no chance of your ad getting lost in the shuffle among other ads and sponsored content links.
Some issues may also include a small, square promotional partner image or a small, square ad for a Hippocampus event or product, which will be shown beneath the advertisement and will not feature a similar type of promotion.
What could you promote?
- An MFA program
- A writer’s retreat
- A writing conference
- An online course
- Editing or coaching services
- A new memoir
- Book printing packages
- Marketing software and support
- YOUR BIG THING HERE
Reserve Your Space
Step 1) Choose the available month which you wish to sponsor from the item list on this page.
Step 2) Make payment with credit card or you may also ask for an invoice to pay by check. (The request invoice option appears on the checkout page.)
Send Your Materials
Step 2) Send artwork (ad and social images) to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the advertiser information form, which you’ll receive shortly after your purchase; this will be where you provide copy, etc.
Step 3) We’ll follow up with you before, during, and after your campaign, including delivering reports of activity.
Thank you for your support.