Upcoming Events: Where You Can Find Us
Here are some places you can find Hippocampus Magazine or its authors and editors. Some may be official Hippocampus events and others are events featuring our writers/staff and sponsored by other organizations.
How-To Tuesday: Getting Found — Discoverability & SEO for Writers in a Time of AI, Evolving Algorithms and Information Overload (Donna Talarico)
December 5 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm EST$20.00
Most people turn to search engines or a specific website’s search feature to find what they’re looking for — including books. Getting found — showing up in a Google or other search engine results/listings — is crucial in a day of information overload, short attention spans, and evolving algorithms.
In this non-technical talk focused on SEO for writers, Hippocampus Magazine founder/managing editor Donna Talarico shares tips from her day job in content strategy and will:
- give a primer on search engine optimization (SEO) and debunk some myths
- cover how to research what users (aka potential readers) are actually searching for (hint: it’s probably not your name)
- share how to use that data to inform content creation choices across mediums and platforms
- explore how AI and voice assistants are affecting the ways people find things on the internet
- look ahead to anticipated challenges and trends for SEO
Attendees will leave with ideas to revise existing (or create new!) content and marketing materials, including your website, book meta data, directory/catalog listings, and more — maybe even your book subtitle!
About the series: How-To Tuesdays are monthly talks on the craft of creative nonfiction, publishing, marketing and the writing life led by Hippocampus Magazine editors & contributors. Your registration helps fund our contributor payments and other costs associated with running our journal.