I am pleased to share with our readers (and nominees!) the six stories we’ve selected as Pushcart Prize nominees this year. I’ve selected what I feel is a nice range of stories that truly represent Hippocampus Magazine.
Hundreds of literary magazines and small presses submit nominations from their respective publications each year for these coveted prizes, now in its 38th year. The competition is fierce, but as our second year of publishing creative nonfiction continues, I am thrilled to get our writers into this mix.
- How to Move in One Direction While Flying in Another – Janice Anderson, Nov. 2012
- A Burning Need – Jim Gray, Oct. 2012
- Right-sized Rats by Deirdre Sinnott, Sept. 2012
- A Graveside Nuptial by Sean Finucane Toner, Sept. 2012
- Toothbrush — MT Cozzola, June 2012
- The Reluctant Grown-up – Fred Amram, Jan. 2012
Good luck to each of our nominees as Pushcart editors sorts through the nomination process; I hope that one or more of these fine writers earns an official nod from Pushcart as a finalist or winner!