[This blog post originally appeared on the HippoCamp 2016 conference website; we’re cross-posting it here.]
Like magic, our ticketing system went live, today, at 12 a.m. Before we could even get out our newsletter–heck, before we even woke up this morning–people have been jumping on to the conference website to register for HippoCamp 2016! We’re excited to officially announce that tickets are on sale.
Here are some details:
Early-bird rate: $359
(Dec. 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016; regular conference rate is $389)
Earliest Early Bird Special*
- The first 16 people to register for HippoCamp 2016 will receive an extra $25 off the Early-Bird Rate ($334).
- The first 50 (including the 16 earliest birds) will receive a free HippoCamp t-shirt, available for pick-up at conference.
Registration includes access to all regular conference programming:
- Welcome program – orientation and inspirational opening speaker
- Opening reception (includes beverage ticket and lots of delicious food)
- Author readings
- 18 breakout sessions (choose one of three in six time slots)
- Lightning round sessions
- Four all-conference panel discussions: agents & editors, debut authors, truth in memoir, and literary project spotlight
- Mary Karr keynote, reading and Q&A
- TBA closing keynote focusing on business of writing
- Breakfast – Saturday and Sunday
- Lunch Saturday
- Snack and beverage breaks
- Open mic night
- Access to select conference session recordings (made available in the months following the conference)
- Networking opportunities with fellow attendees and vendors
- Book sale and lit swap
Available optional add-ons:
- Pre-conference workshop – three hours, includes snack/beverage break (choose from one of three: collage essay, storytelling, self-editing) – $49
- Post-conference one-on-one agent/editor pitch session – $35
*Why extra-extra early bird promotions? HippoCamp, produced by an independent literary magazine, is 100% reliant on registrations (and sponsors) for conference funding. Your early registration helps us tremendously.